Both parties naturally need some clarity on how and when payment is made, any rearrangements, punctuality and expectations:
- The first two one hour lessons will be on a trial basis where the £35-40 payment is made on each day, either by cheque or in cash. These lessons allow me to assess the student and I will draw up and issue a programme for your child, to allow you to decide if you wish to continue.
- Payment will then be required for half a term in advance, typically for seven one hour lessons. Payment is due by the first lesson of each half term. The advance payment helps both parties plan and keep track of monies. If lessons are for a shorter block of lessons, or will take place during school holidays, payment in advance will be by mutual agreement. I accept bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- Renewal payments are due by the first day of the following half term. I will remind you in person or in writing the week prior to the payment being due, together with dates for the following lessons. Half a term’s notice is required for discontinuation of lessons.
- The price assumes a one to one lesson. If you would like to arrange for two pupils to attend the rate will be discounted from £35 to £25 per person.
- Cancellations: 48-hours notice is required for any lesson cancellations during term-time (i.e. the term dates for London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames’ schools). In the event of a cancellation with this notice, I will do my best to re-schedule the lesson within the same week but this is not guaranteed. If less than 48 hours notice is given, or I cannot reschedule in the same week, then the lesson will be deemed lost unless both parties can agree a reschedule at a mutually convenient time. If I have to cancel a term-time lesson myself then I will either re-schedule or provide a full refund.
- Students are expected to attend punctually at the time arranged. Unfortunately I cannot extend the lesson due to lateness. Books, other materials, website subscriptions are to be purchased by the student/parent, as advised.
- We strive to provide high quality tuition. However, we cannot guarantee or be held accountable for exam results.